Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Making All Things New, The New Jerusalem

Yesterday morning, my grandfather Teofilo Layon, finally went to rest in Jesus. He was 92 years old and lived a rich long life. He was a retired minister and his legacy will always be one serving and loving Christ. I will always praise God for this. Megumi and I were able to take our two boys, Sei and Tomoki to see him one last time on Monday. We told him that we loved him, and will see him in Heaven and that I would spend my days sharing Christ with my children and those around me. Tears flowed as I held Baby Tomoki to be near him.

My longing for the New Jerusalem has grown with the passing of my grandfather. This morning, as I was driving Hana to school, she asked "Why can't we live forever?" I told her that we can and we will in Heaven because of Jesus. I told her that we will meet grandpa there. She then asked "With a new body?"

"Yes," I said "with a new body."

----

"Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the old heaven and the old earth had disappeared. And the sea was also gone. And I saw the holy city, the new Jerusalem coming down from God out of heaven like a bride beautifully dressed for her husband.

I heard a loud shout from the throne, saying "Look, God's home is now among his people! He will live with them, and they will be His people. God Himself will be with them. he will wipe every tear fro their eyes, and there will be no more death or sorrow or crying or pain. All these things are gone forever."

And the one sitting on the throne, said "Look, I am making everything new!"

- Revelation 21

No comments: